Friday, May 23, 2008

Cody's Baseball Game

Tonight I went to my little nephew's baseball game in Spring Hill. I have only been to one other game this season, without a camera of course, so this is my first time with a camera. Some of the players I don't know who they are because they are from the other team, but most of them are of Cody.















Also I have been corresponding to a young women that I meet in Austin at Invisible Children's Displace Me Event about a year or so ago. She is a freelance photographer and globetrotter that works mainly with NGO's in many countries such as Africa, Egypt and many other places around the country. Her work is truly breath taking and by far is some of my favorite work. She claims home to Austin, Texas. Check out her websites and take a look at her work, it is truly amazing.
I sent her a message the other day because she is currently working in Rwanda and I asked her a few questions about how she got started in working over seas with these not-profit organizations. The reason I asked is because that is something that I truly want to do. I would love nothing more than to travel around the work and documenting the ever changing conflicts and resolutions in these third world countries. She email me back with this response:
"honestly, i never opened any doors. God did and I just walked through. The most important thing is that you seek His guidance in where you should use your photography and not what you want but what He wants. It may be at a newspaper in the states that you will have the most impact. Just keep that in mind.honestly.. i haven't done much.. I just take photos and He gets them out there. I travel mostly for NGO's who hear about me word of mouth i guess.. it's Him.Be blessed on your journey.. and find things that are unique to photograph.-esther."
I have definitely taken that into heart and we will see where He takes me!

No comments: