Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day all you Mothers!

So this morning I woke up and went to work again out at the Martha Josey Ranch to help photograph the barrel racers, spending most of the morning out there before heading to my brothers and sister-in-laws to celebrate Rustin's , my little nephews, 1st birthday. After his little party I decided to go wish a good friend a late birthday.
Many of you know, that I lost a friend on December 11, 2007 due to a car wreck. I have not been to his grave since we buried him in December. There has not been a day go by that he is not on my mind. I have a really hard time with his death and I still don't really know why I have had such a difficult time with it. Two weeks ago, I decided that I needed to make a photograph, kind of a memorial photograph thinking that doing that would make his death a little easier on me. So that's exactly what I did. It was probably one of the hardest photographs that I have ever made. But it has truly helped me with his death.
But I went today to wish him a happy birthday, even though it was on Thursday. After spending some time with him, I decided to go visit his mother and wish her a happy mothers day.
After leaving there, I went and had dinner with my family. It was a good day!

No comments: