Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hello!

Welcome to my blog site. This is the first time that I have done this blog thing, but many people have told me over and over again that I need one! So here it is everyone! I am going to begin by introducing myself.

As you all know, my name is Jacob Adkisson. I am a 2005 Graduate from Hallsville High School. After graduation, I attended Kilgore College which I am graduating from on May 9. During my three years at KC, I truly found out who I am, and where I belong in life. I started out as a fine art photography major, after just one semester found out what I am truly passionate about, photojournalism. Photojournalism is truly my life, I carry my camera with me every where I go. There are many things that I would NEVER thought of doing without my camera. While at KC I became involved in student publications, The Flare (The Official Newspaper of Kilgore College) and The Ranger (The Yearbook Project). I began as a staff photographer then later began to write for the newspaper, and then finally working my way to the top as a Photo Editor and Page Editor. I owe a lot to the other students who I have worked with on the paper, and the advisors, Bettye Craddock and O. Rufus Lovett, which has significantly influenced my work as a photographer.

After graduation on May 9, I will be continuing my studies at The University of Texas at Arlington studying photojournalism. While at UTA, I will work for The Shorthorn as a staff photographer and hopefully move my way up to Photo Editor. I hope to receive my bachelors from UTA and then begin my masters. I am still unsure yet where I want to do my masters at, but it would probably be at The University of Texas in Austin!

If there is anything else that you would like to know about me feel free to ask!

No comments: